Staples, Inc. is obviously a large company. Retail locations, an entire division (Staples Advantage) providing solutions and services on a business to business level, delivery operations, an international presence…and a little bit of soul.
The Staples Foundation For Learning was created in 2002 with a mission of supporting organizations that provide job skills and educational opportunities to all people, with a special emphasis on disadvantaged youth.
The Staples Foundation For Learning is a national supporter of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Check out the back of an Easy Button package when you have a chance. A chunk of the proceeds also go to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Torch Clubs were started to provide character and leadership development for preteens ages 11 – 13.
Staples and the Staples Foundation For Learning also support:
- Hispanic Heritage Teacher Awards – Celebrating and promoting the classroom and community accomplishments of Hispanic teachers.
- ReadBoston – A program that encourages parents of all backgrounds to speak to their children, ages 0-3, and develop their literacy skills.
- Ashoka and The Youth Venture Program– The first global nonprofit partner. The Youth Venture Program empowers youth to act as positive agents for social change.
- The Initiative for a Competetive Inner City – A national, nonprofit organization designed to discover and celebrate inner-city entrepreneurship and business success.
- Earthforce – Helping students develop lifelong habits of active citizenship and environmental stewardship.
- Do Something – A nonprofit organization focused on empowering teens to convert their energy and ideas into positive action.
Don’t take my word for it. Here’s the PDF right from Staples Advantage: Staples Soul Community